Thursday, June 26, 2008

News From My Pain Management Doctor

During my last few visits with the PM doctor, he stated that I need to get out of the house more. He told Mickey that he needs to find places to take me, even if it's to visit with family or friends. He also told him to invite family and friends over for a backyard BBQ maybe once a week.

He told me to spend more time outside. I told him that I have a friend who comes over when I'm up to it and we'll chit chat for a while. He said that was good but try to do it more often, even if I'm not up to it. I told him it was better for me to pick and choose times because I'd prefer my friends not see me when I'm suffering the most. He said that's actually when I should invite my friends over. I left it at "I don't think so". I do know that NL will be there for me regardless, and she has. She is such a wonderful, supportive and caring friend. I would like for her to visit more but I don't want to visit when I look and feel like crap.

It takes a lot for me to get motivated (bring myself to smile for company, I do it all day for family) for company and then when NL is here, I always feel so much better and wonder what took me so long to invite her over. I promise myself I'll try to invite her over more often because I always feel better but when I'm in a mood, I forget the promise I made. I'm suffering and I just want to be alone. I don't subscribe to the "misery loves company" club!! LOL!

I'll survive and I know my doctor was right, but as I said, "when I'm feeling my worse I just want to suffer in peace". It makes perfect sense to me.

No comments: