Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update Since 2nd Pool Session

Since the second session of therapy, I have had several nights of insomnia, due to pain. I finally got some, much needed, sleep this morning.

I was able to go to dinner with my friend. It's funny that seconds before she arrived, I was sitting on the edge of my bed with my head in my hands, praying to GOD for relief from all the pain and the terrible (had it several days) headache. When she rang the doorbell, I told myself that I could not keep myself from getting out of the house once in a while. I need to be able to experience life outside in the real world, regardless of how I feel internally.

When I rolled outside and greeted her on the porch, I was all smiles, and she was none the wiser of how much I was suffering. I had a great time!!!! It was wonderful to sit and relax while catching up on each other's lives over the past 6 months or so. We were so caught up in discussion that, while eating our dessert, we realized it was close to closing time. I always say, distraction is a great non-medical method of treatment.

Well, I've been able to visit ASAP recently, but not much else. I nod off several times while reading the posts but eventually, I make it through and then head off to bed for a nap. I've been unsuccessful at napping (until today) but at least I got to rest.

I still have a headache (it's been about a week now), extra pain in my back/spine, along with the weird sensations. However, the pain in my legs has settled down to an ache and I'm back to only using one ice pack in the morning. Also, as I mentioned above, I finally got to sleep this morning. I slept from about 6:00AM until around 11:00AM.. YIPPEE!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. Please keep my friend Kira in your prayers. She had surgery on the 23rd and hasn't been on the message board lately so I'm praying she's going through a successful recovery period.

No comments: