Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hot / Cold

My symptoms get out of control when it's too hot (high 80's and up) or too cold (40's or lower). The last few days, in California, it has been in the high 90's and my spine has felt like it's on fire. I can't stand to have anything, even clothing, touching it. My legs, especially the left one, hurt from my upper thigh to the bottom of my feet. This headache, at the top and base of my skull, feels like someone is grinding an axe in my head. Sometimes it just feels like a lot of pressure in the front of my head. All day, I have a feeling of someone dropping water on me, either on my legs (my feet when I'm sitting), hands or arms.

When it's too cold, the leg tremors are totally uncontrollable and last longer than the tremors that normally last 2-3 minutes. I also get continual shivers throughout my spine and it feels really weird to have this happening all day.

My symptoms are mainly on the right side of my body, from my arms to my feet. Recently, the last 2-3 weeks now, I've been having horrible headaches. Actually, I'll discuss all my symptoms in a separate post.

Finally, so far today, the weather is only 75 degrees. There is light and hopefully, these heightened symptoms will begin to simmer down to the normal. Normal, for example, is extreme, high level back pain but the Lyrica relieves the majority of the burning pain and I can at least wear clothes. Now, with this heat, the Lyrica doesn't seem to be as effective and clothes only make it hurt more.

It's a nightmare to have these terrible symptoms on a permanent basis and then in certain weather extremes, have these symptoms become even worse. I guess I just needed to vent about it.

No comments: