Saturday, May 17, 2008

Update


I am still not able to post about how I was diagnosed with SM (have to collect my thoughts). However, I wanted to provide an update.

Mother's Day was absolutely wonderful. My daughter came over and we went to brunch at our annual spot, Fountain Cafe, my granddaughter came along too. It was great to be out for a bit and have such a wonderful assortment of food to choose from. I love having numerous selections. My daughter gave me flowers and other gifts from her and my sons.

The brunch originally started out as, "just the girls", with my sisters and their girls and my nieces who lost their mom (my sister) early in their lives. My daughter, granddaughter and I have gone the last few years alone and I missed the year I was diagnosed because I was still in mourning over the things I would never be able to do again and adjusting to limitations.

After the brunch, I had to go home and take a nap. Later in the day, my husband, son, daughter and granddaughter took me to the movies. We saw a "girlie" movie and it helped that it was a comedy. We then went home and I couldn't wait to get back in bed and rest from the exhaustion and increased pain from being out. However, I wouldn't trade it for the world, instead I would rather spend the next few days in bed recuperating.

As of today (Saturday 5/17), I woke up around 3 in the morning yelling in pain. I was sore all over and had a really hard time getting back to sleep. I finally got back to sleep but was up an hour later screaming out from the pain. I got back to sleep and woke up at my usual time, around 5, as usual, in a lot of pain. For some reason the pain has increased tremendously the last few days. I haven't even been able to sit up on my own in order for my husband to place the icepack on my back. After putting on the icepack, my husband made my caramel macchiato, I took my meds and we watched an old comedy together. I was fighting (without success) to keep from constantly dozing off.

I took a nap after the movie and when I woke up, I completed my daily routine (ASAP, CCI, and WACMA) of support groups. Maybe after my nap I'll post about my diagnosis.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

No comments: