Sunday, September 28, 2008

Update On The Pool Therapy and Smoking

The pool therapy really wasn't going all that well so I stopped going. I also had a problem trying to get on the schedule because I required more one on one time. I'd try to schedule at the end of my visit and be told that I'd get a phone call for scheduling because the therapist wanted to make sure she had time. I'd never receive a call and have to call back. I'd been forgotten about. I went in for the second visit, then the third (which was with a substitute therapist). I didn't schedule the fourth visit because the therapist was on vacation so I was told that I'd get a phone call. I never got a call and this time I didn't call in to remind them that I needed an appointment.

A few weeks after the last visit I had, I received a call from the therapist wondering why I hadn't been in. I explained that no one ever called to schedule. I even explained that I'd actually finally gotten a call from someone who was inquiring as to why I hadn't returned. I told her I explained that I was awaiting a phone call for scheduling but no one ever called. This person told me that someone would be calling me that day with an appointment. I told her that was alright because scheduling was just too difficult and since I had the pool at home, I'd just make sure to keep up on my own. The therapist then apologized for the lack of communication and scheduling, then she asked if I wanted to schedule an appointment then. I told her no, I'd continue working on my own.

Well, we've moved and there's no place to set-up a pool. The front yard is huge but there's spots for trees which makes it very difficult to actually find the right location for the pool. There's no back yard. That would work out great but it's just not an option. So, I haven't been participating in any pool activity since the last weekend in July. We moved that weekend.

As far as the smoking goes, I tried really hard to quit but it just didn't happen. I even used the patches but they didn't help either. Overall, I have cut back but I haven't stopped.




2 comments:

my life said...

Kudos Janice . I smoke and know I shouldnt but you know what I just dont want to . Good luck to you . Hope you are feeling better .

Dan and Tina said...

Hey Janice,
That's a bummer that you can't set up your pool. Could you put it in the basement? I'm not sure how big it is but could it fit in one of your rooms?

Hope all is well.

Thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog!

Take care,
Tina