Sunday, December 14, 2008

Pain Management Visit - December 9th

I've been having such a hard time managing my pain level over the last three or four months. During that time, I was switched from a pain management doctor to a physical medicine and rehabilitation doctor. My pain management doctor made the switch.

My first visit with the new PM doc, in November, was more of a consultation. This last visit he increased the extended release medication and added an immediate release medication. I began taking them the same day of my visit. So far, I haven't noticed too much of a change and I'm still having to use the icepack more than once each day. Prior to the last three or four months, I would only need the icepack first thing in the morning. My husband would sit me on the pillows and add the icepack. I would leave it on for an hour before attempting to transfer into my wheelchair.

Lately, I've been using the ice packs anywhere from two to four times a day. I've also been sleeping a lot more because when I'm sleeping, I'm not crying from excruciating pain. I'm hoping and praying that this increase does something soon. Overall, between the pain, the progression of other symptoms, and the constant muscle spasms in my thighs, I'm not doing too well health wise but I do still keep a smile on my face most of the time. The deterioration the doctors have spoken of, over the last two years, has become much more obvious to me.

Please continue to keep everyone in the ASAP support group in your thoughts and prayers. We also need to remember to give thanks and prayer to all the caregivers.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend!

No comments: