Friday, December 19, 2008

A Small Christmas Get Together

On Wednesday, before my doctors appointment, I had several friends over to the house. They bought lunch, gifts, and more important, memories, conversation and many laughs. It seemed more like a Christmas party than just a lunch.

We had so much fun talking about old times at work, times spent with grandmothers when we were children, and just about anything and everything. I hadn't laughed so much and enjoyed such a good time with a small group of friends in a very long time. Actually, the rain was so bad outside with flooding everywhere, I thought they might have to cancel. My dear friend Jacque said no way, they were going to pick up lunch and be on the way around noon, so I wished them a safe trip.

There were four (I expected three, I had gifts for three) friends that showed up. After an hour, or so, three had to return to work. We took time for photos and then they left. NoraLee remained behind, bless her heart, she cleared everything away. I got an icepack out of the freezer, then she helped me go through the two baskets of goodies. We had so much fun going through everything, it was like Christmas. One of the baskets had a few decorations in it and NoraLee placed them, in a decorative fashion, on the mantle. We chit chatted for a while, then NoraLee saw me to bed and let herself out.

This was a time I will always cherish. Please keep everyone at ASAP in prayer. Thank you.

I hope everyone is having a glorious time, preparing for the holidays, or just living life!

No comments: