Wednesday, July 2, 2008

3rd Pool Therapy Visit

I went on Monday and I had a different therapist who allowed me to work at my own pace, by myself. She was there but let me do what I wanted. I took my time and did the normal exercises. When the tremors started, she would come and stand by me until they ended. I had about four episodes while I was in the water for twenty minutes. I waited them out and went on with the exercises.

As always, I'm exhausted. I slept a lot Monday afternoon, yesterday and even this morning my body is still exhausted. The obvious is that my back hurts more and the tremors are more violent. Monday night I woke up and for some reason I thought I was hitting Mickey over and over. I wasn't, my hands were tremorring and it woke me up.

The down-side to pool therapy is that I have night time tremors in all extremities, that are so violent both Mickey and I wake up several times throughout the night. It sucks for Mickey because he loses sleep and then wakes up at 4:45AM to get ready for work. I wake up at the same time each morning, but I can go back to sleep when my body says it's time.

I think Monday was my last visit. Since the pool at home is now ready, I can do the exercises on my own with supervision from Mickey. I can take my time and then relax as much as I need in between time because Mickey puts the chair in the pool as soon as I get in. I actually start out just relaxing in the chair, floating around the pool.

Since I can only go on Monday's because Michael is off then, I can do more than one day a week using the pool at home. This way, I can save my PT visits for the winter when it's too cold outside to get in the pool. I'll speak to the pain management doctor about it and just have him write another script in the winter.

I hope everyone is having a great day! I heard back from Kira and she's recovering from the surgery. I'm praying she continues to have a successful recovery. Please keep her in your prayers as well. Thank you.

P.S. I'll update more on how I'm feeling and what happened at my ENT appointment later, when I feel up to it. I've sat enough for today, or at least for now.

No comments: