Saturday, July 19, 2008

Headaches / Bad Day and Night

Since the day I had my first headache, they have become a frequent visitor. Sitting up in bed (propped against pillows) without moving my head (at all) is pretty much the best position to keep them from becoming too severe.

I spent most of the day in bed with this horrible headache yesterday. It didn't start to subside until late in the afternoon. It was creeping through the surface for a few days before it finally blew up. The pain mostly resided at the top, sides and back of my head. From time to time, I'd feel pain in my neck. I have no idea how some people with this illness deal, with this type or similar, headache on a daily basis. I guess, it is what it is. There's really not much you can do, except deal with it.

I half slept all night again. From the pain in my back, to the strange sensations in my spine, face, legs and arms, I was attacked all through the night. I had to turn the television back on for three separate occasions because it was all too overwhelming. Several times, I started crying but caught myself because I didn't want to wake Mickey up. No one likes being woken up out of sleep, no matter what the circumstances are. It was an extremely difficult time for me.

Regardless, I was up at 4:45AM, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, taking meds, laying against the icepack drinking a macchiato and watching television. I recognized the beginning signs of depression creeping in so I took two Ativan at an attempt to fight it. Cymbalta helps with nerve pain and has a dual purpose of helping with depression also.

I'm here to smile and laugh another day. Laughter is the best medicine. Most likely I'll be smacked in the face with an instant need to sleep, sooner rather than later. Ativan has that effect on me sometimes. Thankfully, it's not something I take everyday. It's prescribed (in my case) to be used, once in a while.

I pray everyone has a terrific weekend! Keesha and Penny, from ASAP, are both in need of healing prayers. They are having numerous problems, all at once and the situation becomes very overwhelming and exhausting on them, and their families. Please pray for them all.

No comments: