Saturday, July 12, 2008

Update

I'm back and pretty much feeling the same. There has been a few rough days but what else is new.

I had the scope and found out it's considered surgery. The billing system is all messed up. I went back after using the ear drops for three days and the doctor drained my ear out and found out I had an ear infection. He ordered an antibiotic that I took for a week. When I went back a week later the infection had cleared up. I go back on August 5th, for the hearing test. It's different than the one I had a few months ago. I guess it's a more extensive test. We'll see how it goes.

I'm so forgetful these days that I scheduled two appointments on the same day. Thank goodness the pain management doctor was able to change my appointment for me, to the next day. Mickey took the day off so I could make it at 7:15 in the morning. Luckily I live in a close vicinity of all my doctors and the hospital. Anyway, the PM doctor is really good and always makes recommendations for other forms of treatment. We told him our plans for pool therapy at home and then he recommended joining the YMCA for the winter time. The YMCA has an indoor heated pool we can use. I can't use the outside pool in the winter. We may live in California but I wear gloves and a heavy coat in the winter. It's cold in the winter!!!!! Basically all the doctors can do is provide treatment since there is no cure.

I did go in the pool on the fourth. I did my exercises at my own pace and then just relaxed in the pool with the grand kids. I had a great time. As usual, I paid for it later but this time the recovery was a little longer. I'm use to it now so I don't let it bother me.

As I mentioned, Mickey took Wednesday off for my visit so instead of having a Thursday night outing, we had the outing on Wednesday. I had a wonderful day but the next day the pain was very unforgiving.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, fun weekend!!

No comments: