Saturday, July 19, 2008

Living Life One Day At A Time

How do you face each day, knowing the next one could be the same or worse?

When you go to bed, you know that you'll wake up with pain and other debilitating symptoms. Will the level of severity be the same, or will there be an increase? What are your options for each day? Will it be a bad day, or a worse day?

Why do all the thoughts for the future, appear negative? They're not. Knowing what you have to look forward to each day is a survival instinct. You pray and hope for the best, always. However, acceptance plays a huge role in moving on; in being able to move forward in life.

Living in denial will allow you to stay in a depressive phase. When you're depressed, you're not living. In order to live your life (with a chronic illness) one day at a time, you must accept the circumstances, situations, adjustments or modifications you're dealing with.

I live life one day at a time by not living in denial. I accept what I'm dealing with so I can make the required adjustments, in order to move forward in life. In order to laugh and not cry. In order to have fun, instead of doing nothing at all, except "be here". I am more than just the air I breathe. Accepting the limitations I have allows me to get up and about, on some days. Perhaps not all days, but I accept the days that I can.

There are days that I am depressed, but I try to recognize the signs in myself early, and not let it be a welcomed visitor.

I hope everyone has a lovely day full of smiles and laughter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad I found your blog! It's very interesting! Sorry you have to deal with SM too! It's no fun! Hang in there! Hugs & Blessings,
K.
http://kscountrycorner.blogspot.com/