Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No Change

I'm not sure what's going on but today, I'm experiencing numbness on my entire right side. This has been one of the temporary symptoms that come and go. I've had the numbness the entire day, including my face. It feels really strange.

The worse part of this is that there is really nothing the doctors can do. I've provided the information to my doctors, in writing and verbal, and the basic response is to manage it the best way I can. If it starts effecting both sides of the body, I'm heading into the ER, ASAP!!

It's strange because it also effects the private areas of my body. It's not painful, of course, however, it does feel extremely weird.

Between everything going on lately, I'm beat. The pain alone, exhausts the heck out of me. Add everything else in and I'm done for.

The strangest thing happened this morning. I woke up from a quick nap, after Mickey left for work, and I went to the bathroom. I've been using the bedside commode over the last few days but decided to give the short distance walk a try. I'll go when I feel I can but Mickey wasn't home to help me back if I couldn't make. Anyway, I felt like a drunk person. I was swaying from side to side, imagine that with the existing uncontrollable tremors. My head felt like I had been out all night drinking and therefore, had a hangover. I was a little disoriented but mostly I was trying to get control of myself and wondering what the heck was happening. I didn't figure it out but it went away within the half hour so I let it go. If it happens again, I'll definitely let my doctor know.

I take a lot of meds and I know for a fact that I can have a reaction after taking a med for a long time. For this reason, I would want to make sure I'm not experiencing some type of weird reactions from a med. Any more drunken mornings and I'm off to the doctor.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janice,
The very best people to ask about medication interaction are pharmacist, they know better than any doctors and they are a phone call away.
Also, if you are feeling numbness, go to the ER, don't wait like we all have do, for whatever reason. Just waiting in the waiting room is enough to stop me because I feel so badly. I say this and I won't practice what I preach, but it is true.
I hope you start feeling better. Thanks, again for your blog and sharing your experiences with those of us who are suffering.
Barbara