Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dr. Appointments

Yesterday, I had my follow-up appointment and hearing test with the ENT doctor. Everything is fine. He checked again for the infection and it's all clear. I have hearing loss but he wants me to use increased volume on everything. Even asking people to speak one at a time, clearly and/or louder.

Today, I had my monthly appointment with the pain management doctor. I told him I can no longer manage the pain since it has increased in intensity and burns a lot. I stated that the pain has gone from 5-7 daily (it changes throughout the day), to ranging from 7-9 daily. This has been happening for the past few weeks and I can't take it anymore. He added another 10mg of Oxycontin per day. He told us to fill the prescription today and take one right away. Starting tomorrow, I add 10mg in with my 11:00AM medications. My pain level was at an 8 while we were there. Less than 10 minutes out the door, the pain had jumped to a 9.

We'll see how it goes. So far, no change but it's only the first pill.

I hope everyone is having a terrific day!

No comments: