Thursday, August 28, 2008

When Someone Ask: How Are You Doing?

It's funny that I use to go into detail on "how I'm doing?". From the time we're old enough to talk, we learn to tell of how we're actually doing. If we're sick, we say so and go into detail on what's wrong and how we feel. If we're having a good day, we do the same. If we have exciting news, we share our excitement with others. That's just the way people, including myself, have communicated over time, for many years.

I didn't realize it initially but I've found myself simply responded with "I'm managing". It's so much easier than going into detail whenever someone asks me how I'm doing. If they want details, I'll tell more. It seems that, for now, this will be my usual response. I'm taking the path of least resistance and it works. I usually don't have to go into detail and, honestly speaking, I'd rather not. It's too depressing to actually say the words, I'd rather just write about it in my blog.

Take care and I hope everyone has a very "FUN" and "EXCITING" holiday weekend!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am the same way. Asking someone how they are doing is often just a way to open a conversation anyway. I don't think most people really want to know. I don't even want to know how I am doing. LOL There is an old joke about answering "fantastic" and that is what I normally reply and just laugh, even though no one knows what I am talking about.