Saturday, August 9, 2008

So Far, No Good

The increase in Oxycontin really hasn't helped all that much. If anything, there is a small change but nothing to put a dent in this pain and get it back to a manageable level. I was barely managing at 5-7, if I can get back to that level, I'll be better off.

I am doing more now. I spent most of my days trying to keep the pain at bay by rotating positions from bed, chair and propping on pillows. For the past 2 weeks, I've been up almost the entire day and doing little things. Today I'm actually washing 3 loads of clothes. Well, 2 loads of linens and 1 load of clothes. It's rough, but I had the ice pack on my back (in the chair) for the first load.

I also have the little ones to look after. They are a hand full but I love them enough to make the sacrifice. Meal time is the worse. There's so much reaching that there's a constant tight, pulling sensation in my spine now. It hurts like hell and the tightness bothers me.

Mickey placed the ramps around the stairs so I can get out to the front yard. This way, I can go out with the kids and keep a better eye on them. I'm praying the entire time that neither one gets hurt.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: