Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Update

This pain is still kicking my butt. The 10mg increase in Oxycontin really didn't do all that much, as far as providing any significant relief. However, life does go on and so shall I, no matter how much I hate living like this. It's the way it is and I'm not sure myself how I survive each day but by the Grace of GOD.

I sleep a lot to keep from dealing with the pain and to keep from being depressed. I take several naps throughout the day. I have a hard time sleeping at night for two reasons. I can't fall asleep with the strange and, sometimes, painful spinal sensations so I make sure I am dead tired to ensure I fall asleep fast. Also, I'm sure that it doesn't help with the night sleep, with me taking naps all day.

Mickey and I did have a talk but nothing was resolved, regarding the hurtful words he spoke. He only said he didn't say them. Regardless, we are back to our normal relationship. After 26 years, we go through periods of having arguments, some serious and some not so serious, and then we get over it and move on. That's pretty much the way it's been and it's probably why we are still together. We accept our disagreements and/or differences and then move on. Sometimes, it may take more time to move on, than other times.

I hope everyone is having a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The old saying, "Let's agree to disagree," is a good saying sometimes when you cannot reach a certain point in a relationship. Try to celebrate the 26 years of life together, rather than focusing on the trials and tribulations before you. That's easier said than done. Sometimes if you just wake up in the morning and start counting your blessings, it helps start your day in a positive way and helps you through the day. When we are physically hurting so badly, it is difficult to get away from it. I sometimes help other people and it takes away my own grief. Just like you, you help other people and in helping them, it relieves your distress at the moment. I'm so sorry you are suffering. It is a very tough road and one I have not known the answer to myself.

Anonymous said...

Janice, I don't have the words to make it better but just wanted to let you know that I'm here to listen and I care...Be blessed my friend, Kim