Saturday, August 9, 2008

Troubles At Home

I know I have to keep going but to tell you the truth, I really don't want to. I'm so tired of living like this and being such a burden to my husband. He actually told my MIL that I'm always bugging him. Mind you, whenever I do things, he always says, don't do that or I told you to call me before you do things. It hurts to know that he really didn't mean any of that. It hurts to know that all along, the times I have called on him, he was truly feeling like I was bugging him.

I have no way to get around and no place else to go. My parents are deceased so I basically feel like I'm stuck in a situation where I can't take the best care of myself but I have no one else to count on either. My son can only do so much too, he's not here most of the day. To be honest, I rarely call on Mickey unless it's something I really can't do. I don't understand where the comment came from. He spends his evenings, after work, in the living room and I'm in the bedroom all day. Once he takes care of me in the morning, before work, I don't see him again until bedtime. No one can imagine how hurtful it is to hear the person you love and depend on, say that you're bugging him/her, especially under the circumstances.

Now, I can't even call on him when I really need him. It really sucks that I have to wait until my son is around or call my friend to help me. It hurts more, I guess, because I always ask him if he minds and he says no problem. So, basically, I'm damned whether I call on him or not. He's mad when I don't call him, and apparently, he's mad when I call him. If I had someone else to live with, I would. When Medicaid kicks in I will definitely ask about an assisted living facility. I can't stand knowing that I have to grind through the pain and do things regardless of how I feel, or how it will make me feel. I shouldn't have to live like this. I'll keep saying, I'm truly hurt over this until I feel better about the situation, I guess. I had no idea he felt this way. None at all, especially when he makes comments to suggest the opposite. It's confusing, to say the least.


I'll keep pushing on here, because I have no place else to go. Honestly, now I am just ready to bail out. I struggle through the worst of times, the pain and suffering, the debilitating symptoms because of my family. I never wanted to be a burden to any of them so it kind of defeats the purpose of pushing on.

2 comments:

Dan and Tina said...

Janice,

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this along with all the pain and symptoms.
I think our caregivers get burn-out at times and vent.

Sometimes people say hurtful things only to deeply regret it later.
Please don't give up!!!
You are one of the greatest assets the ASAP forums have and offer so much support to all the are in need. Your valuable experiences and words help countless people. The CM/SM community needs you.
Stay strong and take care,
Tina

Anonymous said...

Janice,
He did not mean that. The way I know that is from your previous postings. He was tired, burn out and depressed, but he has shown how much he loves you. No one in this world is a super hero all the time, he is human. Try to not be hurt by what he said that one time, he was struggling at that moment in time. It's okay.
Just forgive that time and go forward. Forgive yourself and your husband. He is still there for you. Neither one of you can help the condition you are in right now. By the grace of God you will both survive and be closer. Hang in there, Janice. Keep the faith and run the race.
Love,
Barbara