Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The New House

Well, we're working through all the kinks of new plumbing, electrical issues, bad cable signals, etc. It's been interesting, since Friday, to say the least.

Thank GOD my MIL is here with us. Since she's here, I'm staying up more during the day. This is what the pain management doctor wanted and now I have a reason to be up. I have someone to talk to (or just be here with me during the day) so I really haven't been suffering with depression at all lately.

My wheelchair can fit comfortably in all the rooms, even the bathrooms. I would constantly fall trying to walk to the bathroom at the other house. I had the bedside commode but really only used it when the tremors were uncontrollable. The only exercise I would get was my walks to the bathroom. I ignored the safety risk to feel normal for a bit.

I have the most magnificent view from my front porch and there's always a breeze. It's up on a hill, I guess that accounts for the breeze. At night, it's absolutely amazing. I could sit out on the porch until sunrise if I knew I didn't have to pay for it later.

The kitchen is spacious with lots of cabinets. My breakfast nook fit in perfect, with a view. We could go all day (until the sun falls) without turning on the lights because there's so much sunlight in every room.

I love it here. It really was a good move.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a peaceful setting and wonderfully equipped home for you. That should help keep your spirits up when you are struggling. So glad to hear you have a place that fits your needs and has beauty on top of that. That's a true blessing.