Thursday, August 28, 2008

My life with Syringomyelia aka: SM: Troubles At Home

Mickey and I have talked in depth about the comment he made. He has assured me that it didn't come out the way he intended. He did not mean that I was bugging him. He does not want me to do things I shouldn't be doing. He would rather me call on him and it is truly, no problem at all. He helps me because he loves me and he wants to do whatever he can to make things easier for me.

As Barbara mentioned in her comment, all that he has done over the last two years, tells her that he didn't mean what he said. My MIL said that he just had so much on his mind and was so busy with the move that he was under a lot of stress. My friend NL pretty much said the same thing. She sees all that Mickey does and how he reacts during bad situations (me screaming and crying from the pain) and simply said that he was just under a lot of pressure with the move and everything else going on.

As I said, we talked and I understand that at the present time he was really busy. It's no excuse but I believe that the words did not come out as he intended. We're fine and back to life as usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good, I truly believe him. If anyone can go through life without making a mistake or saying something they didn't mean, I want to meet them. :) Stress can do some real damage in life and it is imperative that communication come before hurt feelings. Unfortunately we cannot take back words, but as partners, you can each accept responsibility for your own actions and move forward and past hurt times.
I totally understand being sensitive when you are in pain all the time. I often cut myself off from the world for that very reason. I'm not saying I am doing it right, by any means, though.
I am certain your loving husband was just under so much stress from moving, trying to help you, dealing with every little detail in life and it was just a mistake. One he regrets, but human. So glad to hear it is good now.