Thursday, August 21, 2008

Great Times!!

My long-time friend CT, came by two nights this week. A friend after my own heart, she bought me a caramel macchiato each time. She even remembered how I like it.

It was great to spend time with a friend and catch up on new business. I was in excruciating pain and it gave me a chance to totally escape from it all. Is the pain gone? Absolutely not!! However, when you sit around with nothing to do but think and breathe pain, you're constantly reminded of it. When you sit around with a friend or doing something fun, you just escape outside of the usual for a while.

If I have to sit in pain anyway, I'd rather be in pain visiting with a friend, doing something fun with my family, or watching a comedy. It's worse to just sit there in pain with nothing to take your mind away from it all. Those visits were very refreshing, welcomed and definitely needed.

Thank GOD for ANY and ALL distractions from the pain.

I hope everyone is having a pleasant day!


No comments: