Thursday, June 12, 2008

After Effects From Having Fun / Enjoying Life

I had a great time celebrating my birthday. Did I mention my husbands birthday was the 7th? We always celebrate our birthdays together.

I had my regular Thursday outing, was out Friday, had the party Saturday and slept all day Sunday. Monday I had a doctor's appointment, went by the physical therapy office to get set-up for Aquatic Therapy, went to dinner with my son (Michael) and Mickey and then Mickey and I went out for the evening. This was my actual birthday.

Tuesday I had a physical therapy appointment and an appointment with the pain management doctor. I came home, watched a movie and went to sleep for the rest of the night.

Wednesday, I was up for a few hours in the morning but was barely able to keep my eyes open so I slept from about 11:30AM until 9:30PM. I couldn't believe I had slept so long. It was pretty much the same as on Sunday. At least when I'm sleeping, I don't have to deal with the pain as much.

I'm a very hard sleeper and since I started taking Lyrica at night, I don't completely wake up when I turn because of the pain. I change positions a lot in my sleep. According to Mickey, I turn, yell out and go right back to sleep. In the meantime, he wakes up and has a hard time getting back to sleep.

Even though I woke up at 9:30PM, I took my meds and went right back to sleep. I woke up at 3:00AM and just laid down until the alarm rang at 4:45AM. We completed my morning routine and I laid back down for a little while before sitting up and visiting ASAP.

It's noon on Thursday. I tried to take a nap around 10:45AM but had no success, which means that my body has now survived the after effects of sleeping from all my activity since Thursday evening. I'm still dealing with extra pain but the tremors are back to normal and my head is no longer hurting. I would wake up and lay down with a headache in full force.

It's sad to say "I want to have fun but I'll pay for it later". I thought I'd say something like that after having an extra shot during happy hour or hanging out late knowing I had work the next day. I never thought I'd be making statements like this while making plans to simply get out of the house and enjoy life. Needless to say, I go through this every Thursday when I have my weekly outing and heaven forbid if I happen to get out two nights a week.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day!

No comments: