Sunday, June 1, 2008

Tremors

I've had a pretty rough time with pain and tremors lately. I might get an hour or two in a day, but overall, I have to deal with this every day. I do take one day at a time. I even take time to smell the roses, if there's an hour or two in a day I can enjoy. I love to go right on my porch and look at the new growth of beautifully, colored roses my husband planted for me (before the illness). Sometimes, I even try to prune them.

Yesterday, I was very tired, weak and frustrated because I kept having the feeling that my legs weren't attached to my body. There was/is a burning pain on the right lower back, that's not relieved with the Lyrica, and the strange sensations in my spine are extremely uncomfortable and painful which wakes me up. Strong, instant pains usually make me yell out of my sleep and this wakes Mickey up.

When these feelings occur, along with the constant tremors, pain and other symptoms, I get so worn down that all I can do is cry. Thank goodness I'm now having a period of constant sleeping. I sleep so much that at least these frustrating and painful symptoms take hold for short periods at a time. I don't see how I could manage all day and night when I can't even handle an hour, or two, at a time.

This morning I woke up, my husband and I carried out the normal morning routine to help my symptoms, then I dozed off with the icepack still on my back. When I woke up, I felt better. My legs, despite the tremors, felt strong again (and like they were mine). No spasticity or weakness. The spasticity drives me nuts, because as soon as the legs tighten up, the tremors are soon to come.

I can remember not having tremors while laying down, for the first 15-16 months, or so. Laying down was a reprieve from the tremors. Not anymore, and I can't stand it.

I promised my granddaughter yesterday, that I would find an on-line game, or two, that she could play today. I didn't feel up to it, but a promise is a promise, especially with children. I choose to sacrifice for my family and grandchildren are definitely included. They don't understand (and really shouldn't be bothered with it) that I'm always sick.

Anyway, it was fun. I grew tired quickly so I had to take a break. She gets tired of games easily too so that was a good thing. I wasn't ready to lay down and feel those annoying sensations in my spine so I blogged. Blogging is therapeutic and a great distraction from "everything". If the feeling would last, I would blog all day. After ASAP, it's the next best therapy.

No comments: