Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day!

My daughter came home yesterday so she could celebrate Father's Day with her dad and brother. She's such a wonderful daughter and sister. She got terrific gifts for both of them and is, at this moment, outside grilling hot links, hot dogs, hamburgers and bananas. I've never had grilled bananas but I guess it's the new fad for kids these days.

I stayed out with her for a while but then I needed to come inside so I could charge my wheelchair. Later today we're going to take the guys out for a movie or two. I made sure to stay in bed longer this morning, once the ice came off, in order to get extra rest for the outing.

My granddaughter (Tanira) was so worried about a gift for her dad. She made him a card and gave him a Daffodil bear I got several years ago but never took out of the plastic. It's the cutest bear and fortunately, I'm getting a new one as soon as they come in. I just got a bird feeder the other day and she wants to give that to her dad also. We have no birds and are not in the habit of feeding the outside birds. We do give them a place to nest their eggs and that's as far as it goes. I don't want every bird in the area on my patio. It'd be too creepy, like the old movie called "the birds".

Happy Father's day to all the dads out there. I hope you all have a terrific day!

P.S. We didn't make it to the movies. There was no way I was going to make it through one movie, but I can dream. The guys just wanted to stay in and relax before the basketball playoffs today.


No comments: