Saturday, June 28, 2008

Bad Day Yesterday

For some reason, I had the worse day yesterday. My head felt like it was in a cloud all day. Like a headache, but not quite. Sort of felt like my head was going to explode. Like a full feeling but full of what? I don't know but it was strange. I've felt that way before but I still can't explain exactly how it feels.

My pain level stayed around a 9 all day and night. I took a short nap in the afternoon, shorter than usual, maybe about an hour. However, at bedtime, I could not get to sleep until sometime after 1:00AM. Then the granddaughter woke me up at 3:?? something, she doesn't like to feel like she's alone in the bed. She moved closer to me so we shared a pillow for a few hours. At 4:45AM, the alarm went off. I forgot to turn it off. At about 6:45AM, Mickey came in with the ice pack for my back and made my macchiato. I've been up ever since.

As I said, I couldn't get the pain level down yesterday, no matter what I tried. Distraction didn't stand a chance. I started having spasms right under the shoulder blades but in the middle of the spine. It was so bad, I was in tears for quite a while until I adjusted to it. Not to mention, I still had to deal with the pain in the mid and lower back that's always there. On top of that, I had a tight feeling across my back, like there was a band on each side, pulling it tight. I didn't do anything to cause a flare-up.

My legs hurt to move them and when I walked to the bathroom (I can't use the bedside commode for BM's), it was a serious struggle to keep from falling. The tremors were very violent.

Today, I'm barely a little better. The full head feeling is gone but everything else is the same. I might go out in the pool, with Tanira, later this afternoon. If I can't do any walking or exercises, I have a pool lounger that I can sit in. I'm sure it will be relaxing just to sit outside in the pool with the fresh air. I told her to wait and see how I feel once I have my afternoon nap (or rest, whichever I can manage).

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone from the ASAP group. There's quite a few people heading into surgery next week and even more in the recovery stage. I pray all the surgeries and recoveries are successful. No word from Kira yet, I pray her recovery is going well and that she's experiencing significant relief from the, newly implanted, pain pump.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day!

No comments: