Sunday, June 29, 2008

Not Much Better

Well, I'm not much better over the last few days. Seriously, it feels like a large piece of bone pokes out in the lumbar/lower spine, every time I move. It hurts and pokes out the most when I'm laying down, trying to sleep. I feel it the most when I breathe in. I'll speak to the doctor about it at my next appointment. There's so many strange spinal sensations that have occurred over the last two years that it's hard to tell if any particular one might be an indicator of anything significant. None have been significant so far. They just are. Add on this horrible headache and I have quite a little mix, as always.

For the last few nights I haven't been able to sleep until I'm ready to pass out. I basically sit up until I can't stand to be awake anymore. Then I won't have to worry about feeling anything, I lay down and fall fast asleep. Of course, then I sleep most of the day away.

Yesterday, I was in the pool for a bit, relaxing without moving around or walking. I have a pool chair, so I used that or two noodles, which kept me from using my legs. I got sunburned and came inside and fell asleep for about three hours.

This morning, I woke up to take my meds, have a macchiato and use the icepack but went to sleep while it was on. Mickey came back with breakfast so I woke up, took off the icepack ate breakfast and went right back to sleep. I woke again around 12:30PM and now I'm awake, hopefully for a while.

I started the ear drops today. I had to cancel last weeks appointment because I had the day mixed up with another appointment I had. Since I hadn't started the drops yet, they re-scheduled the appointment for this week on Tuesday.

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend!

No comments: