Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Passed on Dinner Tonight With A Friend

I have been experiencing abnormal sensations in my spine and legs. Also, as I said, I'm having strange days.

My friend, who I haven't really talked to in quite a while, called yesterday and invited me to dinner. I told her I'd try for tonight. Once I laid down and tried to nap (I rested) all I did was deal with a lot of weird sensations and numbness. When this happens, it's normally followed by weakness in my arms and legs. I should have just said Friday or Saturday anyway because I like to rest up for my Thursday night outing. I then rest on Friday from being out on Thursday. Saturday would definitely have been the better choice. We'll see. She called and I had to tell her that, with these sensations, I just didn't feel comfortable going out tonight.

It's probably good for me to get out with others. I think only getting out with Mickey all the time (I'm sure that he can handle things) makes it hard to get out with others. I don't know if others can handle everything (my constant shakes when moving, the hoarseness, breathing difficulty, not to mention the heavy wheelchair) so I may be delaying dinner out of fear of the unknown. I don't know but, does that make sense? Anyway, we'll see on Friday. This might be part of the reason I don't have many friends left.

Just thinking out loud!!

No comments: