Monday, June 16, 2008

Update From Appointment Today

My appointment with Dr. Mc went very well. He wants to get me into the Sharp Spinal Cord Injury Program for hand control driving. We would still need to get a van, which is nearly impossible. However, if we should be blessed with a van and have the hand controls installed, I would be able to drive again.

He stated that the hoarseness and breathing difficulty are neurological and related to the syrinx. He stated that some of the symptoms that I'm having would indicate that there is something going on with the brain, along with the syrinx.

Mickey and I both laughed when he said, "one day they'll put it together and figure out exactly what's wrong". He's referring to the Neurologist and the NeuroSurgeon since my symptoms are neurological. He wants me to have Dr. K (ENT) give him a call so he can discuss the hoarseness and pulsatile tinnitus with him. He's convinced that it's all related and neurological. It makes sense to me. Besides, there are no physical findings other than the syrinx which causes neurological dysfunction.

I hope everyone is having a pleasant day! My friends at ASAP still need your prayers. Thank you.

2 comments:

Wendi in PA said...

Hi Janice:

You have done tons of work since the last time I visited your blog.

I am so happy for you that you are getting a pool. You will feel as if your legs are normal. Swimming is very good for you. It is low impact and should not make your SM flare up. You deserve this good fortune.

Your a such a beautiful person, inside and out. I am honored to know you. Imagine having to meet due to our condition. Now we are friends across the country.

I hope you get your van soon and it comes with a bunch of gas cards. My mom has post polio syndrome and hers cost a mint to fill up.

Your grandaughter is such a cutie pie. I am glad you enjoyed Father's day and get to visit with your family. The joy of family sometimes help us to relieve our pain or to at least forget it for awhile.

Take care dear Janice!

Wendi in PA

Anonymous said...

great job on your blog . Roz