Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Strange Days

I'm not sure what's happening but lately I have been sleeping for hours in the afternoon and then go right back to sleep at night. There are times when I have insomnia so I would think that sleeping so many hours in the afternoon would lead to insomnia at night, that hasn't happened.

Yesterday, I had trouble remembering when my Anniversary was. It completely freaked me out since we've been married for 26 years. I had to call my husband to get the date. I followed my normal daily routine, all the way through ASAP but I had a strange feeling all day. Like everything was in a cloud/haze and I could pass out at any moment.

I was asleep by 1:00PM and didn't wake up until about 6:00PM. My normal naps last anywhere from 2-3 hours. When I sleep longer it throws me off. There was a time, not so long ago, when taking a nap was unheard of. My mom use to say that she could tell when I was sick because I would come home from work and go to sleep. She was right, there was always some type of illness happening on the rare occasion I took a nap. These days, it's a normal occurrence.

I still feel strange today. My chest feels tight and it's harder for me to breathe again. I'm using one of the inhalers a bit more. My head feels weird, there's pressure on the sides like the first time I had a pressure headache. My eyes have a very heavy feeling. It was so hard to wake up this morning. I slept the entire time the ice pack was on and was dozing as Mickey was walking out the door, going to work. I slept for a few hours after he left.

It could just be that the "hot" days have returned. That just popped in my mind this second while I was looking at the outside temperature located on my icon bar. I don't do so well in the heat. My pain and other symptoms tend to increase. I actually blogged about it last month.

Time will tell. In the meantime, Mickey is still working at leveling the ground for the pool. It's not an easy task when you've worked all day.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

No comments: